TradeLanes is revolutionizing global trade by streamlining and automating the tasks required to ship goods around the world. We are growing a team of world-class engineers and are seeking hard-working, brilliant team players to join us.
Are you a good match? Tradelanes finds the best engineers and frees them to do what they do best: deliver software with immense customer value, high quality, and maintainability. As a pre-Series A venture capital-backed startup, we work smart and hard while encouraging sustainable work habits.
- Design, develop and deliver high-impact SaaS software for the TradeLanes Global Trade Management platform.
- Propose, review and deliver software architecture that meets global customer needs
- Evaluate, recommend and integrate open-source projects to maximize engineering velocity
- Own feature delivery and quality from inception through design, coding and release
- Focus relentlessly on customer value and developer productivity
- Design software and write automated tests that provide the strongest quality safety net with minimum maintenance
- Act as Project Lead to deliver software across multiple contributors to deadlines based on empirical velocity measurements
- Mentor engineering team on excellent practices, both directly and through pull request review
- Establish and reinforce technical and cultural engineering standards including customer value, quality and production reliability
- Maintain a strong commitment to continual learning through new technology research
- Perform technical due diligence through vendor vetting, proof of concept and technical approaches to inform and make engineering decisions
- Occasionally diagnose and resolve unusually complicated production issues
Technical Skills and Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or similar and minimum 5 years experience. Master’s degree preferred.
- Expert level in Node.js. Experience with NestJS, TypeORM and knex preferred.
- Expert level in server-side technical platform design. Examples include high availability, horizontal scaling, design-for-testability, monolith vs. microservice, RDBMS vs. NoSQL.
- Expert level in at least one cloud platform, e.g., AWS, GCP or Azure. AWS strongly preferred.
- Experience with event and integration architectures in a production environment, e.g., kafka, AWS Kinesis. Kafka preferred.
- Proven ability to deliver high-value software architecture and applications.
- Ability to communicate clearly in multiple mediums: verbal, written and via diagrams.
- Ability to form and defend strong opinions while also subscribing to disagree-and-commit culture.
- Commitment and demonstrated leadership in quality-oriented software engineering culture.
- Experience with international teams and strong opinions on balancing individual and team productivity against work-life balance.
Preferred Technical Skills
- Competent level in Ember, Angular or React. Ember preferred.
- Familiarity with infrastructure-as-code, e.g., CloudFormation or Terraform. CloudFormation preferred.
- Experience with and strong opinions on rapid delivery via CI/CD fully automated pipelines using Jenkins, Bitbucket, Spinnaker, harness.io or other CI/CD platform.
- Experience with SLI/SLO/SLA site reliability methodology
- 100% Remote
- Continental US time zones preferred, schedule flexibility is negotiable
You have requested that Indeed ask candidates the following questions:
- What is the highest level of education you have completed?
- How many years of Software development experience do you have?
- How many years of Node.js experience do you have?
- Please list 2-3 dates and time ranges that you could do an interview.
- Are you authorized to work in the United States?
To apply, please send a cover letter and your CV to email@example.com