TradeLanes is revolutionizing global trade by streamlining and automating the tasks required to ship goods around the world. We are growing a team of world-class engineers and are seeking hard-working, brilliant team players to join us.
Are you a good match? Tradelanes finds the best engineers and frees them to do what they do best: deliver software with immense customer value, high quality, and maintainability. We work long-hours for tight deadlines, often, and humor and team spirit are a must.
Design, develop and deliver high-impact SaaS software for the TradeLanes Global Trade Management platform.
Propose, review and deliver software architecture that meets global customer needs
Evaluate, recommend and integrate open-source projects to maximize engineering velocity
Own feature delivery and quality from inception through design, coding and release
Focus relentlessly on customer value and developer productivity
Design software and write automated tests that provide the strongest quality safety net with minimum maintenance
Act as Project Lead to deliver software across multiple contributors to deadlines based on empirical velocity measurements
Mentor engineering team on excellent practices, both directly and through pull request review
Establish and reinforce technical and cultural engineering standards including customer value, quality and production reliability
Maintain a strong commitment to continual learning through new technology research
Occasionally diagnose and resolve unusually complicated production issues
Technical Skills and Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or similar and minimum 5 years experience. Master’s degree preferred.
- Expert level in Node.js. Experience with Hapi, Bookshelf.js, knex preferred.
- Expert level in server-side technical platform design. Examples include high availability, horizontal scaling, design-for-testability, monolith vs. microservice, RDBMS vs. NoSQL.
- Expert level in at least one cloud platform, e.g., AWS, GCP or Azure. AWS strongly preferred.
- Experience with data streaming technology in a production environment, e.g., kafka, AWS Kinesis.
- Proven ability to deliver high-value software architecture and applications.
- Ability to communicate clearly in multiple mediums: verbal, written and via diagrams.
- Ability to form and defend strong opinions while also subscribing to disagree-and-commit culture.
- Experience with SLI/SLO/SLA operational methodology.
- Experience with international teams and strong opinions on balancing individual and team productivity against work-life balance
Preferred Technical Skills
- Competent level in Ember, Angular or React. Ember preferred.
- Familiarity with infrastructure-as-code, e.g., CloudFormation or Terraform. CloudFormation preferred.
- Experience with and strong opinions on rapid delivery via CI/CD fully automated pipelines using Jenkins, Bitbucket, Spinnaker, harness.io or other CI/CD platform.
To apply, please send a cover letter and your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org